- HDMI 2.0 significantly increases bandwidth up to 18Gbps and adds key features to deliver enhanced consumer video and audio experience. HDMI 2.0 is backwards compatible with its earlier versions.
- HDMI 2.0 includes the following advanced features:
- Resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution.
- Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience.
- Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity.
- Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen.
- Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (Up to 4).
- Support for the wide angle theatrical 21:9 video aspect ratio.
- Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams.
- CEC extensions provide more expanded command and control of consumer electronics devices through a single control point.
Cable Requirements for HDMI 2.0
Although HDMI 2.0 does not define new cable or connectors, however, it does require a genuine High Speed (Category 2) cable i.e. cable bandwidth of at least 10.2Gbps. The fact is that many HDMI cables (especially 3m or longer) labelled as High Speed fail to meet this requirement. This is epidemic in unbranded products.
Cables with insufficient bandwidth will lead to unpredictable system performance and system failures, which can include intermittent picture dropouts or worse.
Definitive Choice for UltraHD
All Wireworld HDMI cables (every length and model) exceed the 10.2Gbps speed required for 4K/60fps UltraHD video as specified in HDMI2.0, in fact our shorter lengths can perform up to speed of 30Gbps!